The only way to grow a profitable roofing business for the long haul is to build an effective sales team. On today’s podcast, I talk sales with Becca Switzer, owner of Roof Sales Mastery. Becca teaches roofing contractors how to find, hire, and train successful salespeople with her proven step-by-step system that avoids all the typical mistakes most business owners make.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Why a great sales team makes ALL the difference in your business
- “Nothing happens until someone sells something.” –Henry Ford
- Becca’s background and the path that led her HERE
- Who should I hire?
- What NOT to do
- Leave what you did in the past
- Don’t hire people already in the industry
- How should I pay?
- The problem with straight commission
- The “pay-per-appointment” strategy
- Mistakes that salesmen make:
- Wasting time with details, being the “telemarketing call robot”
- Not knocking on doors at the right time of day
- Tips for struggling salesmen:
- Seek out legitimate training
- Sound like a “normal human being”
- Acknowledge how they feel
- Apologize for knocking on their door
- Use a name-drop
Becca’s website: Roof Sales Mastery (Find her courses here, too!)
Find Becca on youtube and Facebook: Roof Sales Mastery
Like What You Hear?
Show Your Support And Leave An iTunes Review
How to leave review? Click here for details.