My salespeople had a favorite “Whine”—”Homeowners only care about the price and we’re too expensive.” When in fact, survey after survey tells us that price is rarely the main reason why homeowners select a particular contractor. In today’s interview, I discuss the sales process you need to get your price, with expert John DeRosa.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- John’s work as director of contractor training and customer experience at SRS Distribution, including travel and seminars
- His 25 years in the building material industry after initially training to be a chef
- The focus on customers’ needs in a consulting role
- Focusing on customer success with their business skills
- Changing the consumer’s perception of contractors and the price-driven sale
- Showing the homeowner the value you bring to the process
- Why you can’t let the decision come down solely to price
- Show the differentiation between you and the competition
- Ask the questions—and then, LISTEN!
- Show the homeowner that all contractors are not created equal
- Closing the sale and making the homeowner feel like they are getting a great deal
- Improving sales skills
- The #1 reason contractors fail? Not charging enough
- The upcoming IRE in New Orleans and John’s topics: Keys to Escape the Price-driven Sale and Priorities that Drive Profitability
- How to overcome the phenomenon of “sales guilt”
- Working with the homeowner in structuring their affordable roof system
- John’s best sales advice: Learn to de-brief after every sales interaction
www.bbb.org (Ranks business types with the highest number of inquiries)
Find John’s video on LinkedIn, “Stop Whining and Start Selling”
Email John: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like What You Hear?
Show Your Support And Leave An iTunes Review
How to leave review? Click here for details.